BA (Hons.) in Business Administration
Duration of Course:
University of Bedfordshire (UoB), UK
Three Years ( Full time)
360 (Total for three years)
a broad understanding of the role and function of both
- a range of business models, ideas and managerial techniques
- a number of management theories relevant to different functions of the business
- a range of suitable examples and contexts to assist you in operating in different business environments.
- the opportunity to expand upon theoretical constructs into the application of knowledge and its practical implications for the business as a going concern.
- Perform in an organization effectively with an intelligent pro-active mind-set in a project involving people from different functions in the organization.
- Be able to network purposefully with stakeholders, external and internal and enhance the success of initiatives within the organization.
- Show initiative and enterprise in implementing new ideas and technologies in the face of external uncertainty.
- To have the ability to engage effectively and appropriately, both orally and in writing, with a variety of audiences to analyze a situation to formulate a considered and reflective opinion and to make reasoned and informed recommendations.
- Work independently on defined business
problems, suggest appropriate courses of action and evaluate contingent outcomes.
- Participate in major projects as an effective team member applying specific business skills and techniques creatively.
On completion of this degree, students are likely to progress on to the following areas:
- Enter the world of business including Finance, Marketing and Operations and Project Management. Many students may work for large multinational organisations but increasingly prefer smaller organisations where there are opportunities to work across a number of functional areas.
- Further study: Post-graduate study such as Masters course in Business Administration, Business Management and Human Resource Management. Professional courses like ACCA, CIMA, CMI, CIPD, APM, Research degrees.
|The Units which make up the course are:|
|Unit Code||Level||Credits||Unit Name||Core/Option|
|BBS003-1||4||30||Foundations of Business Communications||Core|
|BBS013-1||4||30||Foundations of Business Management||Core|
|AAF002-1||4||15||Financial Accounting for Business||Core|
|MAR001-1||4||15||Principles of Marketing||Core|
|LAW007-1||4||15||Law for Business Managers||Core|
|MAR013-1||4||15||Intercultural Competence in Business||Core|
|SHR018-2||5||30||Human Resource Management and Psychology||Core|
|BSS018-2||5||30||Entrepreneurship and Leadership of Business Ventures||Core|
|BSS019-2||5||15||Business Research Methods||Core|
|AAF024-2||5||30||Economics of International Business Management||Core|
|BSS017-2||5||15||Sustainable Business Management||Option|
|AAF002-2||5||15||Management Accounting for Business||Option|
|BSS007-3||6||30||New Advances in Business||Core|
|BSS042-3||6||15||Management and Administration of Operations||Option|
|BSS043-3||6||15||Management and Administration of Projects||Option|