BSc (CS & SE)
B.SC. (HONS.) IN COMPUTER SCIENCE & SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Duration of Course:
Computer Science & Software Engineering
University of Bedfordshire (UoB), UK
Three Years (Full time)
360 (Total for three years)
The disciplines of Computer Science and Software
The final-stage project enables you to take your specialist work to greater depth, leading to the possibility of future research. The emphasis of the course is to provide vocationally skilled programmers and software engineers who have both a general overview of computer science and software engineering, with a more detailed knowledge of fields like internet programming, database
applications, artificial intelligence applications or networking.
The course has been designed to develop graduates who are able to:
- Broadly based yet enough depth (programming skills, testing skills etc.) so as to give you credible vocational skills in both Computer Science and Software Engineering;
- Coverage of the entire Software Engineering lifecycle and comprehensive skills in applied programming and in applied Computer science topics;
- Taught by staff with both a strong academic research background who’re also actively engaged in knowledge transfer (e.g. to local SME’s), and who are at the forefront of their
- Emphasis on the lifecycle but also in depth skills such as programming and analysis.
- It is possible to identify several different roles that graduates of this course are expectedo fulfillcompetent software engineering technician, trainee computer programmer/software developer.
- Further study: M.Sc. IT, M.Sc. in Software Engineering related topic.
|The Units which make up the course are:|
|Unit Code||Level||Credits||Unit Name||Core/Option|
|PAT004-1||4||30||Introduction to Software Development||Core|
|PAT001-1||4||30||Principles of Programming||Core|
|PAT002-1||4||30||Computer Systems Structure||Core|
|PAT003-1||4||30||Fundamentals ofComputer Studies||Core|
|PAT001-2||5||30||Object Oriented Programming and Software Engineering||Core|
|PAT003-2||5||30||Concepts and Technologies of Artificial Intelligence||Core|
|PAT002-2||5||30||Systems Development and Modern Database Practices||Core|
|PAT004-3||6||30||Research Methodologies and Emerging Technologies||Core|
|PAT001-3||6||30||Comparative Integrated Systems||Core|
|PAT002-3||6||30||Social and Professional Project Management||Core|