Foundation year Leading to BBA
BBA Business Administration is targeted towards achieving both practical skills and conceptual understanding required for administration and management functions within a host of organizations. It provides a broad understanding of the role and function of both management and administration under a range of operating conditions and as such builds for you a contextual and conceptual of the organization as it responds to ever changing conditions. All the basic functional areas that are deemed to comprise the business discipline – Marketing, Operations, Information Systems, Finance, HRM, Business Policy and Strategy and Change, Economics, Law and Contemporary Issues – are examined over the duration of the course and in the context of contemporary change.
The course BBA Business Administration aims to deliver conceptual propositions and skills related to:
- a range of business models, ideas and managerial techniques
- a number of management theories relevant to different functions of the business
- a range of suitable examples and contexts to assist you in operating in different business environments.
- the opportunity to expand upon theoretical constructs into the application of knowledge and its practical implications for the business as a going concern.
Enabling our IT graduates become industry-ready by acquiring and reinforcing the knowledge, skills and attitude required to deliver organizational goals.
Corporate Readiness Programme is provided in partnership with Manipal ProLearn, a part of Manipal Global Education Services India, with a pure objective of helping our students to discover the path to a rewarding career. Corporate Readiness Programme is a customized set of courses that’ll take you on a journey of learning and help you become a successful and future ready professional. Under this programme we offer more than 50 industry relevant online certification training courses, worth above NPR 6 lakhs, along with your degree to enhance job readiness.
Click to see list of Courses
- By completing the Foundation Year, course you will automatically progress onto the first year (level 4) of your chosen degree at UoB.
- During your foundation year you will join our student community and be able to enjoy all aspects of the College student experience. You will be able to join the Students Union, use our academic and leisure facilities, and access all our support services.
- Class sizes are small that enables one to one attention and peer learning. Teaching pedagogy focuses on multidimensional learning approach through lectures, seminars and workshops, plus group projects, research exercises, presentations and case study analyses.
- Learning of essential components of business administration including marketing, financial and management accounting, human resource management, project management, business law, Intercultural Competencies and economics.
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset with help of units focusing on leadership of business ventures, new advances in business that enhances understanding of organization and practical skills to attract new employees, retain or to start a new venture of your own.
- The degree not only opens career access in general management roles, it aids in specialist areas of human resources, e-business, global marketing.
- This course is a foundation for further academic progression into postgraduate/professional degree.
The basic criteria required for entry to the courses are listed as follows:
The applicants should have any of the following:
- Successfully pass Plus 2 with minimum 40% or Grade C aggregate in Grade XI and XII and minimum D+ in individual subject
- In addition, students with aggregate with 40% in grade XII examination by any Indian Exam Board with minimum 45% marks in english subject at Grade XII.
English language requirements are as follows :
- IELTS overall score of 5.5 with minimum 5 in each element
- OR Nepalese High School 12th English minimum 60%
The course has been designed to develop graduates who are able to:
- Perform in an organization effectively with an intelligent pro-active mind-set in a project involving people from different functions in the organization
- Be able to network purposefully with stakeholders, external and internal and enhance the success of initiatives within the organization.
- Show initiative and enterprise in implementing new ideas and technologies in the face of external uncertainty. To have the ability to engage effectively and appropriately, both orally and in writing, with a variety of audiences to analyze a situation to formulate a considered and reflective opinion and to make reasoned and informed recommendations.
- Work independently on defined business problems, suggest appropriate courses of action and evaluate contingent outcomes.
- Participate in major projects as an effective team member applying specific business skills and techniques creatively.
The Units which make up the course are:
|Unit Code||Level||Credits||Unit Name||Core/Option|
|PFP001-1||3||10||Learning English for Academic Purposes and Study Skills||Core|
|PFP002-1||3||10||Writing for Academic Purposes||Core|
|PFP003-1||3||10||Personal and Professional Development||Core|
|PFP004-1||3||15||Fundamentals of Computer||Core|
|PFP005-2||3||15||Foundations of Management||Core|
|PFP006-2||3||15||Introduction to Financial Accounting||Core|
|PFP007-2||3||15||Introduction to Marketing||Core|
|PFP008-2||3||15||Introduction to Economics||Core|
Methods of Payments
- Bank Direct Deposit / Cheque / Transfer :
- Account Holder Name : Patan College For Professional Studies
- Sunrise Bank : 00210341325018
- Nabil Bank : 3601017500342
- Global IME Bank : 0101010007557
- Mobile Wallet :
- ESewa : Search PCPS College, Lalitpur and pay
- Khalti : Search PCPS College, Lalitpur and pay