BSc(Hons) CSSE with Microdegree™ in AI
Computer Science & Software Engineering is at the core of modern technology and at the heart of a number of specialist technology fields. BSc(Hons) CSSE with Microdegree™ in AI course is aimed at providing a foundation as well as a platform for specialist study in the second and third stages, during which you will learn in depth, the principles and practices of both disciplines computer science and software engineering.
The disciplines of B.Sc Computer Science and Software Engineering are central to many of today’s commercial and industrial activities, as well as providing a diverse and rapidly developing field for personal study. This course is designed to enable you to analyze and build a range of applications. Emphasis is on the entire software development lifecycle, and the production of high-quality software systems using object-oriented (OO) methods and tools. You’ll explore the entire systems development life-cycle, as well as comprehensively covering OO methods.
The final-stage project enables you to take your specialist work to greater depth, leading to the possibility of future research. The emphasis of the course is to provide vocationally skilled programmers and software engineers who have both a general overview of computer science and software engineering, with a more detailed knowledge of fields like internet programming, database applications, artificial intelligence applications or networking.
The demand for people with knowledge and skills in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) hugely outstrips the supply. Artificial intelligence will transform the global economy, and AI jobs are in high demand. According to the job site Indeed, the demand for AI skills has more than doubled over the past three years, and the number of job postings is up by 119 percent. This means that learning and gaining qualifications in these subjects can be a great way to enhance anyone’s career prospects.
133 million new jobs created by AI by 2022
That’s the number of new jobs that will be created as a result of AI-enabled automation by 2022, according to the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) 2018 Future of Jobs report. That’s nearly twice as many as the 75 million roles that the WEF research predicts will be displaced.
With this objective PCPS College has partnered with Fusemachines to offer Microdegree Program in AI along with B.Sc. (Hons.) in Computer Science and Software Engineering. A MicrodegreeTM program for Artificial Intelligence is an accelerated learning program in Artificial Intelligence. The MicrodegreeTM program is created by the leading US university faculty members and AI industry experts.The core goal of the Machine Learning and Deep Learning courses is to upskill a graduate in AI. Under this partnership students will gain MicrodegreeTM in AI along with bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Software Engineering. During this programme, we will also assist the students to get internship opportunity.
Enabling our IT graduates become industry-ready by acquiring and reinforcing the knowledge, skills and attitude required to deliver organizational goals.
Corporate Readiness Programme is provided in partnership with Manipal ProLearn, a part of Manipal Global Education Services India, with a pure objective of helping our students to discover the path to a rewarding career. Corporate Readiness Programme is a customized set of courses that’ll take you on a journey of learning and help you become a successful and future ready professional. Under this programme we offer more than 50 industry relevant online certification training courses, worth above NPR 6 lakhs, along with your degree to enhance job readiness.
- Learn about the entire software development life cycle and the production of high quality systems using object-oriented methods.
- Study with committed, like-minded students in dedicated laboratories and classrooms
- Develop your professionalism as you choose the career path you wish to take
- Gain detailed knowledge of areas such as Internet programming, database applications, artificial intelligence and networking.
- Explore the highly sought-after practical skills you will need to make a success of your career
- Challenge yourself with a final stage project which will enable you to study your specialism in greater depth
- Benefit from teaching by staff who have a strong academic research backgrounds and are also actively engaged in knowledge transfer
The basic criteria required for entry to the courses are listed as follows:
The applicants should have any of the following:
- Successfully pass Plus 2 with minimum 55% in Grade XII and minimum D+ in individual subject
- OR 2 A level passes (with minimum C and D Grades)
- OR Successfully complete Foundation year (from a recognized university or HE institution)
English language requirements are as follows :
- IELTS overall score of 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each element
- OR Nepalese High School 12th English minimum 60%
The course has been designed to develop graduates who are able to:
- Broadly based yet enough depth (programming skills, testing skills etc.) so as to give you credible vocational skills in both Computer Science and Software Engineering;
- Coverage of the entire Software Engineering life cycle and comprehensive skills in applied programming and in applied Computer science topics;
- Taught by staff with both a strong academic research background who’re also actively engaged in knowledge transfer (e.g. to local SME’s), and who are at the forefront of their field;
- Emphasis on the life-cycle but also in depth skills such as programming and analysis.
B.Sc Computer Science & Software Engineering will equip you to develop the intellectual and pragmatic skills needed to develop quality software artefacts that not only function, and meet client requirements, but also fit within the pragmatic constraints.
Recent graduates have obtained a variety of graduate trainee positions both in industry and the public sector, with good prospects for further promotion in a competitive job market.
Initially, you are likely to gain roles such as a trainee skilled practitioner with the prospect for later progression leading to posts of responsibility supervising work within a team-based development and support settings within industrial and commercial settings.
From the game developers to manager of IT and communications services, you will have a range of opportunities open to you as a BSc(Hons) CS & SE graduate.
Jobs related to your degree are :
- Application Analyst
- Application Developer
- Data Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Games Developer
- Information Systems Manager
- IT Consultant
- Multimedia Programmer
- SEO Specialist
- Systems Analysts
- UX Designer
- Web Designer
- Web Developer
Jobs where your degree would be useful are :
- Digital Copywriter
- IT Sales Professional
- IT Trainer
- Network Engineer
- Social Media Manager
- Technical Author
- Web Content Author
The Units which make up the course are:
|Unit Code||Level||Credits||Unit Name||Core/Option|
|PAT001-1||4||30||Principles of Programming
[ OOPs using Java ]
|PAT002-1||4||30||Computer Systems Structure
[ DBMS, RDBMS, SQL, Access, Networking ]
|PAT003-1||4||30||Fundamentals of Computer Studies
[ Study Skills, Computer Structure & Logic Gates, Microcontrollers ]
|PAT004-1||4||30||Introduction to Software Development
[ Python Programming, UML Designs ]
|PAT001-2||5||30||Object Oriented Programming and Software Engineering
[ Software Engineering Principles, .NET programming in C# ]
|PAT002-2||5||30||Systems Development and Modern Database Practices
[ System Development Methodologies, Oracle ]
|PAT003-2||5||30||Concepts and Technologies of Artificial Intelligence
[ AI Concepts, Matlab and Prolog Programming ]
[ Hybrid Mobile Application Development ]
|PAT001-3||6||30||Comparative Integrated Systems
[ Distributed Systems, Java RMI, Web Services ]
|PAT002-3||6||30||Social and Professional Project Management||Core|
|PAT004-3||6||30||Research Methodologies and Emerging Technologies||Core|
A MicrodegreeTM program for Artificial Intelligence is an accelerated learning program in Artificial Intelligence. The MicrodegreeTM program is created by the leading US university faculty members and AI industry experts. It is specifically designed to upskill an engineer with AI expertise.
Foundations in AI
The Foundation in AI program enables engineers to launch their AI education for today’s industry. The course provides a strong foundation in the mathematical concepts of linear algebra, calculus, statistics, and Python. These are the core prerequisites to mastering Machine Learning.
Learn to build classification, regression, and clustering models using scikit-learn and other tools
Learn the mathematical basis of deep learning. You will then learn to implement concepts such as multilayer perceptrons, backpropagation, optimization methods, and neural networks into a production-grade system.
Key Features :
- Industry ready program and Industry Recognized Certificate
- Ability to rapidly produce prototype ML models using libraries like Tensorflow, Scikit
- E-learning platform provided
- Access to Codehub – Proprietary coding platform allows the student to access dedicated GPU servers and work and submit their assignments.
All the modules of BSc(Hons) CSSE are taught along with the Introduction to computer science for AI and additional topics are covered in during Python Programming in PAT004-1 Introduction to Software Development to support AI development.
All the modules of BSc(Hons) CSSE are taught along with the Introduction to Mathematics for AI and additional topics are covered in PAT003-2 Concepts and Technologies of Artificial Intelligence.
All the modules of BSc(Hons) CSSE are taught along with the Machine Learning and Deep Learning modules of the Microdegree.
- Coursework ( Projects, Assessments ) : 58%
- Written Exam : 14%
- Practical Exam : 28%
- Coursework ( Projects, Assessments ) : 43%
- Written Exam: 44%
- Practical Exam : 13%
- Coursework ( Projects, Assessments ) : 86%
- Written Exam: 14%
Methods of Payments
- Bank Direct Deposit / Cheque / Transfer :
- Account Holder Name : Patan College For Professional Studies
- Sunrise Bank : 00210341325018
- Nabil Bank : 3601017500342
- Global IME Bank : 0101010007557
- Mobile Wallet :
- ESewa : Search PCPS College, Lalitpur and pay
- Khalti : Search PCPS College, Lalitpur and pay