Microdegree™ in AI
Computer Science & Software Engineering is at the core of modern technology and at the heart of a number of specialist technology fields. Microdegree™ in AI course provided by PCPS is in collaboration with FuseMachine. This course can run in parallel to the BSc(Hons) Computer Science and Software Engineering. It is aimed at providing a platform for specialist study in the second and third year of your degree.
About Microdegree™ in AI
The demand for people with knowledge and skills in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) hugely outstrips the supply. Artificial intelligence will transform the global economy, and AI jobs are in high demand. According to the job site Indeed, the demand for AI skills has more than doubled over the past three years, and the number of job postings is up by 119 percent. This means that learning and gaining qualifications in these subjects can be a great way to enhance anyone’s career prospects.
133 million new jobs created by AI by 2022
That’s the number of new jobs that will be created as a result of AI-enabled automation by 2022, according to the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) 2018 Future of Jobs report. That’s nearly twice as many as the 75 million roles that the WEF research predicts will be displaced.
With this objective PCPS College has partnered with Fusemachines to offer Microdegree Program in AI along with B.Sc. (Hons.) in Computer Science and Software Engineering. A MicrodegreeTM program for Artificial Intelligence is an accelerated learning program in Artificial Intelligence. The MicrodegreeTM program is created by the leading US university faculty members and AI industry experts.The core goal of the Machine Learning and Deep Learning courses is to upskill a graduate in AI. Under this partnership students will gain MicrodegreeTM in AI along with bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Software Engineering. During this programme, we will also assist the students to get internship opportunity.
Corporate Readiness Program
Enabling our IT graduates become industry-ready by acquiring and reinforcing the knowledge, skills and attitude required to deliver organizational goals.
Corporate Readiness Programme is provided in partnership with Coursera with a pure objective of helping our students to discover the path to a rewarding career. Corporate Readiness Programme is a customized set of courses that’ll take you on a journey of learning and help you become a successful and future ready professional. Under this programme we offer more than 50 industry relevant online certification training courses, worth above NPR 6 lakhs, along with your degree to enhance job readiness.
- Learn about the entire software development life cycle and the production of high quality systems using object-oriented methods.
- Study with committed, like-minded students in dedicated laboratories and classrooms
- Develop your professionalism as you choose the career path you wish to take
- Gain detailed knowledge of areas such as Internet programming, database applications, artificial intelligence and networking.
- Explore the highly sought-after practical skills you will need to make a success of your career
- Challenge yourself with a final stage project which will enable you to study your specialism in greater depth
- Benefit from teaching by staff who have a strong academic research backgrounds and are also actively engaged in knowledge transfer
The basic criteria required for entry to the courses are listed as follows:
The applicants should have covered any of the following:
- Successfully completed Year 1 of BSc(Hons) Computer Science and Software Engineering
- OR Successfully completed any Computing Degree with sound knowledge of Python
- Broadly based yet enough depth (programming skills, testing skills etc.) so as to give you credible vocational skills in both Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Coverage of the comprehensive skills in applied programming and in applied ML and DL
- Taught by staff with both a strong industrial experience and academic research background who’re also actively engaged in knowledge transfer (e.g. to local SME’s), and who are at the forefront of their field
A MicrodegreeTM program for Artificial Intelligence is an accelerated learning program in Artificial Intelligence. The MicrodegreeTM program is created by the leading US university faculty members and AI industry experts. It is specifically designed to upskill an engineer with AI expertise.
Foundations in AI
The Foundation in AI program enables engineers to launch their AI education for today’s industry. The course provides a strong foundation in the mathematical concepts of linear algebra, calculus, statistics, and Python. These are the core prerequisites to mastering Machine Learning.
Learn to build classification, regression, and clustering models using scikit-learn and other tools
Learn the mathematical basis of deep learning. You will then learn to implement concepts such as multilayer perceptrons, backpropagation, optimization methods, and neural networks into a production-grade system.
Key Features :
- Industry ready program and Industry Recognized Certificate
- Ability to rapidly produce prototype ML models using libraries like Tensorflow, Scikit
- E-learning platform provided
- Access to Codehub – Proprietary coding platform allows the student to access dedicated GPU servers and work and submit their assignments.
Integrated Learning Path
All the modules of BSc(Hons) CSSE are taught along with the Introduction to computer science for AI and additional topics are covered in during Python Programming in PAT004-1 Introduction to Software Development to support AI development.
All the modules of BSc(Hons) CSSE are taught along with the Introduction to Mathematics for AI and additional topics are covered in PAT003-2 Concepts and Technologies of Artificial Intelligence.
All the modules of BSc(Hons) CSSE are taught along with the Machine Learning and Deep Learning modules of the Microdegree.
Fees and Scholarship
Methods of Payments
- Bank Direct Deposit / Cheque / Transfer :
- Account Holder Name : Patan College For Professional Studies
- Sunrise Bank : 00210341325018
- Nabil Bank : 3601017500342
- Global IME Bank : 0101010007557
- Mobile Wallet :
- ESewa : Search PCPS College, Lalitpur and pay
- Khalti : Search PCPS College, Lalitpur and pay