PCPS College firmly adheres to the guidelines set by Government of Nepal and is closed as you all know. We are pleased to introduce online scholarship test to financially support the students joining PCPS college for B.Sc.(Computer Science & Software Engineering) or BBA (Hons.) in September-2020 intake. Interested student can take the test from the safe and secure environment of his/her home, with a desktop or laptop (with a webcam)/ mobile phone and an internet connection (2 Mbps un-interrupted internet speed is desirable). The exam duration will be of 60 minutes. Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of performance in the online scholarship test.
|60% – <70%||10%||10|
|70% – <80%||20%||10|
|80% – <85%||30%||5|
|85% – <90%||50%||5|
|90% – <95%||70%||5|
- Scholarships will be only awarded to the students eligible to join the course as per the eligibility criteria and it’s the sole responsibility of the student to submit the attested documents as per the eligibility criteria mentioned in prospectus.
- Candidate should keep in mind that during the test, your conduct will be invigilated using Artificial Intelligence Proctoring. PCPS College reserves the right to immediately disbar any candidate who gets involved in any malpractice and such candidate will not be considered eligible for any scholarship.
- There are limited numbers of Scholarships and will be provided to eligible students on the first come first serve basis.
- No further scholarships will be offered after exhausting number of available Scholarships in each category as per matrix referred above. Student can opt for only one scholarship
- Scholarship will be only awarded in the payable tuition fee.
- Scholarship awarded to one student is not transferable to any other student.
- Scholarship awarded can’t be redeemed for cash.
- The continuation of Scholarship to the eligible student in the second and subsequent year
will be as per the following rules and regulations.
- Eligibility Criteria 1: Clear promotion to the next year in first attempt with pass in all papers of the previous semester including internal examinations/tests.
- Eligibility Criteria 2: Attendance should be above 80% in previous and current year.
- Decision taken by the PCPS college will be final and can’t be challenged.
Important Instructions for Online Scholarship Test:
- The test carries 100 marks and there are 60 questions [40 questions (2 marks each) and 20 questions (1 mark each)] in total. There All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with the choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each correct answer fetches 1 mark or 2 marks (depending on the level of the question), while each incorrect answer has a penalty of -25% of the total mark(s). No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
- Candidate should be seated in front of the desktop or laptop or mobile phone facing the screen and webcam throughout the entire duration of the test.
- Candidate should be seated in a way that there is enough light to capture his/her face clearly.
- Candidate should be in formals or smart casuals while taking the test.
- No one else should be present in the surroundings other than the candidate during the test.
- Candidate CANNOT open any other application window during the test and if anybody is caught doing so, it will be considered as a violation.
- Candidate must keep in mind that their images are recorded and supervised in near real time by AI. Therefore, it is strictly advised that the candidate does not leave the seat during the test. Such behavior will be immediately recorded as a violation.
- No bio breaks are permitted during the test.
- The candidate is not allowed to use a calculator during the test. A plain paper and a pencil are allowed for rough work.
- Candidate CANNOT talk or speak during the test or use any device like phones or tablets for anything. If the candidate disturbs the position of the camera, the test will be auto submitted and will not be accessible and available to the candidate thereafter.
- There is a negative marking of -25%. For each incorrect answer, ¼ (25%) of the total
marks will be deducted from the total score.