Foundation Year leading to BSc(Hons) CSSE
This course studies the best ways to implement, software systems. It uses many of the technical aspects of computer science, especially programming, and aims to develop the professional attitudes, interpersonal and technical skills you will need in the software engineering industry. The course provides a solid foundation in theory and professionals.
This course will give you the right skills and knowledge to be able to shape the future of businesses and organisations. The key aspect of this course is its flexibility, enabling you to build a customized route within computer science, and follow recommended pathways in several computing areas to suit your interests. You will develop a wide range of skills and knowledge in areas such as creative computing, information systems, software engineering, design and development.
Corporate Readiness Program
Enabling our IT graduates become industry-ready by acquiring and reinforcing the knowledge, skills and attitude required to deliver organizational goals.
Corporate Readiness Programme is provided in partnership with Coursera with a pure objective of helping our students to discover the path to a rewarding career. Corporate Readiness Programme is a customized set of courses that’ll take you on a journey of learning and help you become a successful and future ready professional. Under this programme we offer more than 50 industry relevant online certification training courses, worth above NPR 6 lakhs, along with your degree to enhance job readiness.
Click to see list of Courses
Why Foundation Year?
- By completing the Foundation Year, course you will automatically progress onto the first year (level 4) of your chosen degree at UoB.
- During your foundation year you will join our student community and be able to enjoy all aspects of the College student experience. You will be able to join the Students Union, use our academic and leisure facilities, and access all our support services.
- Study with committed, like-minded students in dedicated laboratories and classrooms
- Develop your professionalism as you choose the career path you wish to take
- Gain detailed knowledge of areas such as Basic programming Techniques, Internet programming, database applications, and Academic Skills
- Explore the highly sought-after practical skills you will need to make a success of your career
- Benefit from teaching by staff who have a strong academic research background and are also actively engaged in knowledge transfer
The basic criteria required for entry to the courses are listed as follows:
The applicants should have any of the following:
- Cumulative Aggregate of 40% or Grade C in class XI and XII ( NEB )
English language requirements are as follows :
- IELTS overall score of 5.5 with a minimum 5.0 in each element
- OR Nepalese High School 12th English minimum 60%
The course has been designed to develop graduates who are able to:
- Broadly based yet enough depth (programming skills, testing skills etc.) so as to give you credible vocational skills in both Computer Science and Software Engineering;
- Coverage of the entire Software Engineering life cycle and comprehensive skills in applied programming and in applied Computer science topics;
- Taught by staff with both a strong academic research background who’re also actively engaged in knowledge transfer (e.g. to local SME’s), and who are at the forefront of their field;
- Emphasis on the life-cycle but also in depth skills such as programming and analysis.
B.Sc Computer Science & Software Engineering will equip you to develop the intellectual and pragmatic skills needed to develop quality software artefacts that not only function, and meet client requirements, but also fit within the pragmatic constraints.
Recent graduates have obtained a variety of graduate trainee positions both in industry and the public sector, with good prospects for further promotion in a competitive job market.
Initially, you are likely to gain roles such as a trainee skilled practitioner with the prospect for later progression leading to posts of responsibility supervising work within a team-based development and support settings within industrial and commercial settings.
From the game developers to manager of IT and communications services, you will have a range of opportunities open to you as a BSc(Hons) CS & SE graduate.
Jobs related to your degree are :
- Application Analyst
- Application Developer
- Data Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Games Developer
- Information Systems Manager
- IT Consultant
- Multimedia Programmer
- SEO Specialist
- Systems Analysts
- UX Designer
- Web Designer
- Web Developer
Jobs where your degree would be useful are :
- Digital Copywriter
- IT Sales Professional
- IT Trainer
- Network Engineer
- Social Media Manager
- Technical Author
- Web Content Author
The Units which make up the course are:
|Unit Code||Level||Credits||Unit Name||Core/Option|
|PFP001-1||3||10||Learning English for Academic Purposes and Study Skills||Core|
|PFP002-1||3||10||Writing for Academic Purposes||Core|
|PFP003-1||3||10||Personal and Professional Development||Core|
|PFP004-1||3||15||Fundamentals of Computers||Core|
|PFP001-2||3||15||Introduction to Algorithm and Programming||Core|
|PFP002-2||3||15||Internet and WWW||Core|
|PFP004-2||3||15||Introduction to OOPs||Core|
How will I be assessed?
You are assessed in a variety of ways. Most units are assessed through coursework, Case study group and individual projects, portfolios, essays, presentations, or exams. Constant feedback and advice from a supervisory or unit team will be provided to support you in your work.
You are assessed on your understanding of the Foundation course. You are required to comprehend the basic range of intellectual concepts which form the foundations of the subject and application area and will be assessed on your ability to articulate such concepts in a coherent manner, in a variety of written assessments/written briefs.
BSc Year 1
- Coursework ( Projects, Assessments ) : 58%
- Written Exam : 14%
- Practical Exam : 28%
BSc Year 2
- Coursework ( Projects, Assessments ) : 43%
- Written Exam: 44%
- Practical Exam : 13%
BSc Year 3
- Coursework ( Projects, Assessments ) : 86%
- Written Exam: 14%
Fees and Scholarship
Methods of Payments
- Bank Direct Deposit / Cheque / Transfer :
- Account Holder Name : Patan College For Professional Studies
- Sunrise Bank : 00210341325018
- Nabil Bank : 3601017500342
- Global IME Bank : 0101010007557
- Mobile Wallet :
- ESewa : Search PCPS College, Lalitpur and pay
- Khalti : Search PCPS College, Lalitpur and pay
* Conditions apply